LEAP Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1989 as an autosampler company serving the GC and GC–MS markets. Since then, LEAP has expanded into front-end sample handling for all areas of chromatography  and mass spectroscopy, including LC/MS/MS and MALDI-MS  as well as robotics for proteomics and fiber optic UV technology for tablet dissolution. LEAP strives to find total solutions for analytical lab automation. One of the major components in LEAP's approach to automation solutions is with the PAL X,Y,Z robot.
The LEAP Story
LEAP is experienced in providing automation solutions for any process that gathers, treats and delivers samples to an analytical process. Liquid Handling is in most cases involved but we are not limited to that. We can also move, weigh and image objects. Liquid handling includes spraying and printing besides the usual measuring, pipetting, injecting, mixing, heating or sampling of a variety of liquids. We have the ability to design, engineer, deliver and support simple but unique or complex but simple to use systems. The LEAP Shell 3 software lets us create solution-specific sample lists and Shell 3 methods that synchronize all instruments involved. We can provide complete locked-down systems to Value Added Resellers (VARs). Combinations of instruments that we can supply are robotic sampling devices and LC pumps as front-end to LC-MS systems. Single and dual channel LC to one MS that save cycle time and therefore increase throughput are becoming standard Frontend Automation Bundles (FABs).
Chief Chromatographic Techniques Supported:
- LC-Fraction Collection for purification (semi-prep)
- LC–MS Sample Handlers providing sample just before injection
- GC and GC–MS Sample Prep such as headspace, SPME, and 96-well SPE with different injection techniques
- LC pumps for 50nl-2ml flow rates applicable to standard, micro and capillary columns
- 2D LC systems with sample handlers (PALs) for nano spray, nano fractionation to MALDI and other fraction collection schemes
A Sampling of Markets Served:
- Pharma / Biotech
- Polymer / Chemical
- Food and Beverage