|Column Heater w/solvent preheat|
This product is a convenient and versatile column temperature control unit especially useful in UHPLC separations.
For those separations being performed at elevated temperatures this unit provides pre-heating of solvents to stabilize and reduce temperature gradients throughout the resolving column. The separation temperature control is an often overlooked variable of concern especially in the rapid LC world of today. Reliable temperature control (which can be affected by fluctuations in laboratory ambient temperature) is an important variable to control in order to alleviate retention time variability.
Additionally, separations performed at elevated temperature will generally have lower operating pressures due to the reduction of solvent viscosity at these higher temperatures.
- Simple and fast assembly with unique holding adapters, fits easily into existing systems
- Exact temperature control for highest reproducibility and stability
- Temperatures up to 90°C can significantly reduce back pressure with small particle sizes and accelerates the chromatography
- Fits column lengths up to 150 mm
- Touch screen for manual control and drivers for various software packages
In the standard package, the Hotdog 5090 column oven is delivered with the heat shield,touch screen controller and power supply. When using the Hotdog 5090 column oven at temperatures above 50°C, it is necessary to take the safety precaution of putting the column oven inside the heat shield. The touch screen controller allows easy and fast changing of settings. A default temperature can be specified and will be applied during powering on. Standby temperature and standby time can be adjusted as well.
The Hotdog 5090 consists of: Column oven, heat shield, touch screen controller and power supply (110 VAC to 240 VAC).
- Hotdog 5090 column oven dimensions: 212 mm x 40 mm x 46 mm
- Hotdog 5090 column oven dimensions with mounted heat shield:212 mm x 62 mm x 52 mm
- Thermostated column compartment: 200 mm x 21 mm x 21 mm
- Weight including heat shield: 1.05 kg
- Remote control by LAN or serial port
- Power supply (110 VAC to 240 VAC)
- Temperature control: ambient to 90°C in 0.1°C increments,stability +/- 0.1°C
Other Reference material
Accessories for the PAL
Videos of PAL
LEAP strives to find total solutions for analytical lab automation by automating analytical processes for small and large molecules in extracted liquids, solids, and recently in human, animal and plant tissues. We provide the precise robotics and efficient sample prep required by modern measurement techniques such as MALDITOF mass spectroscopy. Our newest specialty customization of CTC Analytics’ PAL features small workstations that can perform complex liquid handling tasks including HPLC-Purification, SPE, filtration, weighing, heating and stirring. They can be configured as stand alone units or integrated for “just in time” sample prep for LC-MS or GC-MS analysis.
LEAP provides automated workstation instrumentation solutions based on the LEAP CTC PAL X, Y, Z syringe only autosampler robot from LEAP Technologies. This extremely flexible, precise, and adaptable liquid handling robotic platform is available in a variety of lengths and options depending on the requirements of your sample preparation and injections for your UHPLC, LC or GC chromatography.LEAP offers full support and service for the PAL platform in addition to being able to write custom macros, cycles, and scheduling to your applications. Please contact LEAP Technologies on how we can help you get maximized throughput with flexible pipetting automation solutions.
| Contact LEAP
For additional information about LEAP and the PAL Platform, please contact LEAP Technologies.